Tonight we met Nancy and Paula at the church's widows and single ladies banquet. They started it with my least thing - ice breaker questions. We were supposed to walk around and give the best piece of advice we had ever received. I couldn't think of any, so I didn't walk around. It was a fun evening of just chatting with everyone at the table. They purposely ordered too much food so the ladies could get to go plates and have another meal later. I thought that was such a great idea!
The hilarious part was when Pastor Mike shared a silly story/letter. The backstory was that a woman from England was moving to Switzerland. She had toured a house there and was very interested, but had a few questions still. She wrote a letter asking where the W.C. was. Well the country she was moving to doesn't call the bathroom the W.C. and so the realtor had no idea what she was talking about. He decided it stood for Wayside Chapel. His letter back to her was quite hilarious when read from her perspective. He talked about the WC being a few miles down the road and a place that many people visit but mainly just on the weekends. He mentioned his daughter was in fact married there even though it was crowded and they had to try to sit two to a seat. It just kept going on and on. I looked like the laughing with tears emoji while listening to it! I found the story online: https://blog.penningtonpublishing.com/the-w-c-wayside-chapel-joke/
| Nancy sent us these beautiful flowers the following day for Easter. |
Comments
Post a Comment