Skip to main content

National Comic Book Day

 We headed to a few garage sales in the morning and then drove to two book stores in Tulsa that we wanted to try out. The first was Impulse Creations Comics and Collectibles. Greg has bought from them online before and was excited to try out the physical store. Today was National Free Comic Day and they had a table where you could choose five. I picked up five for school, and Greg picked up his five as well.

Then, just down the street was a bookstore I had seen a post online about how massive the place was and how amazing it was. Gardner's Used Books and Comics was indeed pretty large. However, their prices were not the amazing prices I was hoping for. Plus, I didn't find most of the books I had been looking for, despite their large inventory. I ended up getting the first two books in the Poldark series and that was all I found. I had watched the PBS version of it a few months ago and really enjoyed it. I hope the books are good as well.

Gardner's has several life-size Hulks on display.

Free Comic Book Day at Impulse Creations Comics


Gardner's used Books and Comics

On our way back through the City, we stopped at Edmond to have dinner with Jordan, our last opportunity to do so. She moves out next weekend! We were able to load a few boxes to bring home for her that she already had packed. Plus, she had a final project in her Intro to Acting class that required an extra voice off camera. I got to read in on her play. It was fun. In another life, I would have done acting. Ha!

practicing the script


Eating at Ted's. Ted's and Schlotzsky's were our go-to places to eat when we went up to see Jordan.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VBS Family Night

We had an amusement park atmosphere for family night of VBS. First the kids sang a few songs from VBS and then Brother Bob presented the gospel to the parents. Then we headed in for inflatables, balloon creatures, face painting, crafts, cotton candy, popcorn, and pickles! The girls had a blast. They missed the pony rides, but were grateful that the ponies stayed home and didn't get drenched in the total downpour right before the event! Practicing while waiting on the other kids to arrive. A - Admit to God that you're a sinner and repent. B - Believe that Jesus is God's own son. C - Confess your faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. It's the ride of your life when you dare to believe in Jesus Christ!!

Vocabulary Words

After report cards came back, we realized that it might be a good idea to study for the vocabulary test instead of just the spelling words. Now we're snapping a picture on Wednesdays of the vocabulary and taking pre-test on it too. Just making sure we can read the definitions is helping a lot. Seeing lots more 100s on the test now.

Traveling

I'm amazed at how much we drive. I took this picture leaving school today. Wasn't it just a year or two ago that I took the picture of the odometer at 12345? We actually travel less than we used to. Monday and Tuesday is normally just to Elgin and back home. Wednesdays have us driving to school, Lawton, and then to home. The same thing happens on Thursday for gymnastics, piano, and dance. On Friday we just go to school and back home. Then on Sunday we go to church in Lawton. To some people that is a lot of driving. It doesn't really seem like it to me. But I guess the odometer doesn't lie.