Skip to main content

New Year's Resolutions

My first new year's resolution is to start journaling again. I miss that aspect of my life a lot. It's something I used to do when I was younger and have just not had the time to do it much anymore. I start and then I stop again. I've decided it's time to go electronic. I absolutely love paper and pencils. I could pour over beautiful journal books for hours at a bookstore. I love the feel of paper. I love the look of paper. I love having handwritten notes and letters. But let's face it. I can't write fast anymore. Even in cursive. But I can type amazingly fast and edit it too. So, this year I'm going to try this blog thing.

Blogging. Even my dad had a blog for awhile. This is my first attempt at one. But it's going to be a personal blog. The first thing I did was to set the privacy settings so that I was the only one that could read it. Eventually these ramblings will be read by others, but not today. My hope is to eventually publish this as a book using Blurb.

So, I guess that is my main resolution this year. What else? Here's my brainstorming so far:

  • Scrapbook with the girls - make a designated Sunday afternoon each month to scrapbook with the girls.
  • Responsibilities - make a list with the girls of things that need done. Let them choose one they want to be responsible for and decide how long they want to do that responsibility and when they should do it. Set up volunteer hours??
  • Have an "other's Wednesday." Pick out one Wednesday a month that we don't go to the library but do some sort of project for others. Need to brainstorm on this. Look in that ideas book.
  • Ideas to be a better Sunday School teacher - notes to children, center ideas, put lesson plans in evernote, start going to church on Sunday night so we can plan then and then finish up quickly on Wednesday, clean room, decorate room
  • Entertain more - invite families over for dinner or even just for dessert and games in the summer
  • Figure out one thing to make extra money
  • Scholarships!!!!
  • Exercise
  • Plan menus
  • Write in journal - do this with Jordan and Ashley - and maybe Hailey where I write in hers.
  • Do Bible study - not read through mindlessly
  • Finish Project 365 Part II
Which ones do I actually do now? That's way more than I can actually accomplish. Or is it? I like all of them. How can I get rid of any??

Popular posts from this blog

VBS Family Night

We had an amusement park atmosphere for family night of VBS. First the kids sang a few songs from VBS and then Brother Bob presented the gospel to the parents. Then we headed in for inflatables, balloon creatures, face painting, crafts, cotton candy, popcorn, and pickles! The girls had a blast. They missed the pony rides, but were grateful that the ponies stayed home and didn't get drenched in the total downpour right before the event! Practicing while waiting on the other kids to arrive. A - Admit to God that you're a sinner and repent. B - Believe that Jesus is God's own son. C - Confess your faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. It's the ride of your life when you dare to believe in Jesus Christ!!

Vocabulary Words

After report cards came back, we realized that it might be a good idea to study for the vocabulary test instead of just the spelling words. Now we're snapping a picture on Wednesdays of the vocabulary and taking pre-test on it too. Just making sure we can read the definitions is helping a lot. Seeing lots more 100s on the test now.

Traveling

I'm amazed at how much we drive. I took this picture leaving school today. Wasn't it just a year or two ago that I took the picture of the odometer at 12345? We actually travel less than we used to. Monday and Tuesday is normally just to Elgin and back home. Wednesdays have us driving to school, Lawton, and then to home. The same thing happens on Thursday for gymnastics, piano, and dance. On Friday we just go to school and back home. Then on Sunday we go to church in Lawton. To some people that is a lot of driving. It doesn't really seem like it to me. But I guess the odometer doesn't lie.