The Women's Ministry at church had a Minute-To-Win-It Fellowship today. There were ten stations set up with various activities that you had to complete or compete against someone in a minute. In one, you had to keep three balloons in the air for the minute. I didn't last but maybe five seconds. I was playing against Vicki on most games and she made it at least three seconds more! Ha. That was a hard one. Even worse was trying to float a feather by blowing it up in the air. A few were more doable: blow thirty pompoms across a line by using a straw (I did really well on that one except ONE pompom went out of bounds and on the floor so I didn't get a completion on that one. Grr.), use a spoon or chopsticks to get as many pompoms in a bowl while blindfolded, use a spoon in your mouth to dip ping pong balls from one bowl to another, switch twenty cups so that the blue cup was back on top, make and throw paper airplanes across a line (only won that one because mine went farthest which was only about two feet...<sigh>), and various others. I was the only one to win the cup stacking contest. We had to stack fifteen cups up and tear them down three times within a minute. I knew how to slide them down from working with third-graders in Sunday School where Ms. Susan showed us how. I also won the stack dice on a tongue depressor that you held in your mouth. They said I had eleven dice stacked up. There weren't many ladies there. Technically, there were only six of us that weren't part of the ladies ministry team. It was a disappointing turnout. However, I enjoyed eating the food and playing the games. Since there were so few there, I won the games basket as well as the door prize of the minute-to-win-it kit which had all of the games they used as well as others. I might could use that at school during some end-of-the-year event.
This is the cup-stacking event that I won. Vicki, my partner, managed to build it twice.
This was my card. You got a stamp if you won and an X if you participated. They put an X on Dice Tower, but I had the highest number of 11, so I feel like I technically should have received a stamp on that one!
This was the dice tower event.
My door prizes
I brought home all of the games to hand off to my twenty-year-old children showing up. Tyler and Hailey came first for supper and then Hailey's best friend, Jamie, showed up about an hour later. They all spent the night. After supper, we played games and had the best of time laughing and playing. Tyler had some crazy stories to tell of his life with his high school band that had me in tears once or twice. We went to bed way too late, especially with it being time-change weekend. It was well after midnight new time when I finally clicked off the light. Games are fun. We should play them more often
Comments
Post a Comment