Skip to main content

Spring Cleaning and Adventures in Lawton

It's been a busy spring break already. On Monday, I went to Lawton and ate breakfast with Gaye Lynn Reinke and Mandy Bonadonna, retired and current coworkers. We ate at the Hatch, a new brunch restaurant in Lawton. I had the Protein Power Wrap, basically a breakfast burrito but with spinach and I added mushrooms too. It was delicious! I enjoyed spending time with the girls as well.

Afterwards, I went shopping at the shoe store and Kohl's next to the restaurant to kill time as I waited to meet Allegra at 2:15. I tried on a few dresses, but didn't find anything that really suited me. Allegra and I were meeting to go to the two new book stores in Lawton that opened last fall: Chapter and Home and Amethyst and Ink. We were so excited. We parked and walked up to Chapter and Home, only to see "CLOSED." What? We drove over to Amethyst and Ink. CLOSED. Argh! Allegra laughed and wondered if "go window shopping with a friend" was on any of our calendar challenges?! 

Tuesday, I had no appointments and spent the whole day cleaning and organizing. On my list for this month was the cookbook nook, a kitchen junk drawer, Jordan and Ashley's bathroom, and my teacher books up in my closet. I knocked out three of them on Tuesday and the bathroom on Wednesday. Filled up two boxes of things to donate.

My clean cookbook nook!


Wednesday, I headed to Mom's to try to help her with their email. They can't get into their TDS email anymore for some reason. It probably forced them to change the password one time and it didn't get saved or written down. We had tried to get into it last weekend, but it was not during business hours. When you click on forgot password, it just says "There is a problem with the account," and forces you to call the phone number. Well, after being on hold for a long time, we were still unable to get the password. The lady would not give it over the phone because apparently there is a pin number on it and, of course, Mom has no idea what the pin number is. The woman said she would mail it to my parents, in 3 to 5 days. Frustrating. Once we have the pin number, we can start the whole process over again....

Then...we tried to get into Mom's Fidelity account, which is the whole reason we were trying to get into the email. Apparently they emailed the tax documents instead of mailing them. However, as Mom was looking through the fidelity folder, she had a letter indicating she had switched the email from the tds to Dad's gmail account. Ah! Therefore, we tried to get into Dad's gmail account. However, that password also didn't work and it looked like the phone number associated with it was Dad's old phone number. Therefore, there is no way to reset the password on the gmail account. It is a dead account now. However, in the whole tds email issue, Mom had created a new gmail account. We now have the password to that one and the security 2-step verification stuff is going to Mom's phone and my phone. 

Back to the Fidelity account. There is a link to the tax documents. Ah-ha! We shall just print the documents out, right? Nope....they just got a new printer. However, the printer was not set up with the computer and it's a wireless printer. I messed and messed with it and could not figure it out. It would print a printout indicating that we were trying to connect, but then it would say it couldn't connect. Then how did it print the other page?? New plan. Email the file to my phone and I will connect the phone to the printer. Well...I also just got a new phone and apparently the face id is not set up for the app store. Do I know my apple id password? Um...no. Then we tried Mom's iPad. No luck there either, but we did figure out that apparently the printer was actually not entirely set up to wireless. We managed to get that accomplished. Then I guessed my apple password and through a very long process got the app installed to print from my phone to an HP printer. Almost three hour process, but we FINALLY got the two tax documents printed. Still don't have the printer connected to the computer or the email working. <sigh>

Technology is not my friend.

Finally left Mom and Dad's and got to Lawton just a few minutes late to meet Allegra at the bookstores. I found Dead Woman Crossing which I had been looking for awhile now. It's supposed to be a story based on the folklore around a bridge in Weatherford. Chapter and Home was a little smaller and didn't have used books like Amethyst and Ink, but she is starting some book clubs that might be interesting.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VBS Family Night

We had an amusement park atmosphere for family night of VBS. First the kids sang a few songs from VBS and then Brother Bob presented the gospel to the parents. Then we headed in for inflatables, balloon creatures, face painting, crafts, cotton candy, popcorn, and pickles! The girls had a blast. They missed the pony rides, but were grateful that the ponies stayed home and didn't get drenched in the total downpour right before the event! Practicing while waiting on the other kids to arrive. A - Admit to God that you're a sinner and repent. B - Believe that Jesus is God's own son. C - Confess your faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. It's the ride of your life when you dare to believe in Jesus Christ!!

Vocabulary Words

After report cards came back, we realized that it might be a good idea to study for the vocabulary test instead of just the spelling words. Now we're snapping a picture on Wednesdays of the vocabulary and taking pre-test on it too. Just making sure we can read the definitions is helping a lot. Seeing lots more 100s on the test now.

Traveling

I'm amazed at how much we drive. I took this picture leaving school today. Wasn't it just a year or two ago that I took the picture of the odometer at 12345? We actually travel less than we used to. Monday and Tuesday is normally just to Elgin and back home. Wednesdays have us driving to school, Lawton, and then to home. The same thing happens on Thursday for gymnastics, piano, and dance. On Friday we just go to school and back home. Then on Sunday we go to church in Lawton. To some people that is a lot of driving. It doesn't really seem like it to me. But I guess the odometer doesn't lie.