Skip to main content

At the Hospital

Mom had a stress test (on her birthday!!) and the doctor was a little concerned that her heart had been slowing down over the past few years. He wanted to shoot a camera up her veins and check on them. She had to be there at 6:00 in the morning!! I joined them. I was worried about Dad getting lost. I'm not sure he ever remembered why it was they were going to the hospital. We got checked in and unfortunately they only allowed one person back. Mom (and I) thought I should be her extra person. It took two hours to go through all of the questions and get her changed. Mom and I chatted about various things like Marissa and Jake searching for a house. Some of the ones they have looked at have an apartment over the garage that people can rent. She thinks that would be perfect for Taylor. She said Marissa and Jake were looking forward to having a house. They've always lived in an apartment or condo. I mentioned that means Jake will have to start mowing and Mom said the house they are looking at has an astroturf lawn! Can you imagine?

Right after they gave Mom the medicine to make her woozy, the nurse came in and said there had been an emergency and it may be awhile before they take her to surgery. I went to make sure Dad was still there. He was, but he was surprised to see me. He didn't remember that I had come. I went back to Mom and she had been so out of it already that she didn't even realize I had left! We didn't have to wait but about thirty minutes before they finally took her. They led Dad and me to a different waiting room halfway across the hospital where we sat for about forty minutes. Dad read on his Reader's Digest and I tried to read some in my book.

Finally, the doctor came in and declared that Mom had perfect veins. He did not have to put in a stint and she would be free to go home after a bit. He told me I looked just like Mom and commented that he enjoyed having all of her art in his home that he had bought from her at a show many years ago. A guy came and let Dad and me back through the hospital back to the recouping room. Interestingly, both of us were allowed to come in that time. Odd. We chatted about going to lunch, but in the end they decided they would just get take out and head home. I grabbed pizza and took it home. I was out of it the rest of the day, either dozing or reading. Getting up at 4:30 am is not fun. Neither is going to the hospital. I was very grateful Mom was okay. They are just going to adjust her medicine and see if that helps any. I inherited the tachycardia that apparently all of her brothers and sisters had (didn't know that) and I hope I also inherited her pristine veins.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VBS Family Night

We had an amusement park atmosphere for family night of VBS. First the kids sang a few songs from VBS and then Brother Bob presented the gospel to the parents. Then we headed in for inflatables, balloon creatures, face painting, crafts, cotton candy, popcorn, and pickles! The girls had a blast. They missed the pony rides, but were grateful that the ponies stayed home and didn't get drenched in the total downpour right before the event! Practicing while waiting on the other kids to arrive. A - Admit to God that you're a sinner and repent. B - Believe that Jesus is God's own son. C - Confess your faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. It's the ride of your life when you dare to believe in Jesus Christ!!

Vocabulary Words

After report cards came back, we realized that it might be a good idea to study for the vocabulary test instead of just the spelling words. Now we're snapping a picture on Wednesdays of the vocabulary and taking pre-test on it too. Just making sure we can read the definitions is helping a lot. Seeing lots more 100s on the test now.

Traveling

I'm amazed at how much we drive. I took this picture leaving school today. Wasn't it just a year or two ago that I took the picture of the odometer at 12345? We actually travel less than we used to. Monday and Tuesday is normally just to Elgin and back home. Wednesdays have us driving to school, Lawton, and then to home. The same thing happens on Thursday for gymnastics, piano, and dance. On Friday we just go to school and back home. Then on Sunday we go to church in Lawton. To some people that is a lot of driving. It doesn't really seem like it to me. But I guess the odometer doesn't lie.