We went to Wal-Mart on Saturday with a list in hand. Ashley would read off the things on the list: eggs, yogurt, pancake mix, etc. And as we approached that section of the store I would sigh and say, "Well, mark that off." There was nothing in the store. Absolutely no eggs. The pancake mix I normally get was out. Yogurt, cottage cheese, and the like were practically gone. We picked out a couple of yogurts that didn't have expiration dates of tomorrow. There were entire sections of meat gone. The place for refrigerated biscuits, rolls, or bread of any sort was completely bare.
We have been so snowed in that the trucks can't get to Oklahoma. I saw a post on facebook from Tiffany up near Tulsa indicating the same thing. They have been out of school for an entire week and are still closed tomorrow. We've pretty much thawed out here in southwest Oklahoma and just have really ugly greyish blobs piled everywhere along the roads and parking lots.
What's scarier though is that tomorrow night we are supposed to get hit again. Rain turning to sleet turning to ice turning to heavy snow that dumps up to eight or nine inches. I have a good feeling that we will get at least one phone call for closings on Wednesday morning. And since it's not supposed to get above 20 degrees on Wednesday, I suspect a phone call or two for Thursday too.
And this time???? I don't have any tests to study for!!!!! I plan to spend my day scrapbooking - either paper, digital, or BOTH! I'm going to enjoy my snow day this time!
Now, if we can just get some food to eat......
We have been so snowed in that the trucks can't get to Oklahoma. I saw a post on facebook from Tiffany up near Tulsa indicating the same thing. They have been out of school for an entire week and are still closed tomorrow. We've pretty much thawed out here in southwest Oklahoma and just have really ugly greyish blobs piled everywhere along the roads and parking lots.
What's scarier though is that tomorrow night we are supposed to get hit again. Rain turning to sleet turning to ice turning to heavy snow that dumps up to eight or nine inches. I have a good feeling that we will get at least one phone call for closings on Wednesday morning. And since it's not supposed to get above 20 degrees on Wednesday, I suspect a phone call or two for Thursday too.
And this time???? I don't have any tests to study for!!!!! I plan to spend my day scrapbooking - either paper, digital, or BOTH! I'm going to enjoy my snow day this time!
Now, if we can just get some food to eat......