I remembered two other things that we did with our time. On Wednesday, Groundhog Day, we watched Groundhog Day with Bill Murray. I haven't seen that in forever. It's still good, although not as good as I remembered. We also shoveled snow. Anticipating that Cameron would be open Thursday and I would have to go to class, we shoveled out our 200 foot driveway. I checked my email Thursday morning before leaving only to find out that class was canceled because the instructor had the flu. I didn't mind staying home one bit! It took me awhile before I remembered why my legs were so sore though. You don't realize how many squats you're doing when you shovel snow!
So today I promised myself to be productive. I did six loads of laundry and the dishes. I made blueberry muffins for breakfast. I played bowling on the Wii with Hailey and tennis on the Wii with Jordan. I went to class and made a 100 on my test. I went to the grocery store and bought milk and one of the last loaves of bread on the shelf. I went to the library and returned our 15 books only two days late but within the four days grace period and then checked out 10 more.
Then I came home and we made homemade individual pizzas. The girls were so excited about this concept. Normally buying pizza doesn't work well for our family because Hailey says she wants cheese, Ashley wants pepperoni, Greg wants meat trio, I want supreme, and Jordan says she doesn't like pizza and only eats the breadsticks. So I decided we would each make our own instead of getting pizza from Little Ceasars. I was rather surprised at the ingredients each chose. Hailey put cheese, pepperoni, green pepper, and ham but no sauce on hers. Ashley piled on every kind of meat: ham, bacon, sausage, and pepperoni. Jordan piled hers with bacon, sausage, and pepperoni but no cheese. Greg and I both put everything on ours including onion and mushroom. The results? Greg and I thought they were great. Jordan and Ashley only ate the toppings and left most of the crust. Hailey ate half of hers and then ate a bunch of grated cheese that was left. So....I'm still not sure we've perfected pizza for our family.
On the other hand, I already have chopped green pepper, onion, and mushrooms for chicken cacciatore tomorrow night and I plan on making a really good omelet in the morning with chopped ham, sausage, and bacon!
So today I promised myself to be productive. I did six loads of laundry and the dishes. I made blueberry muffins for breakfast. I played bowling on the Wii with Hailey and tennis on the Wii with Jordan. I went to class and made a 100 on my test. I went to the grocery store and bought milk and one of the last loaves of bread on the shelf. I went to the library and returned our 15 books only two days late but within the four days grace period and then checked out 10 more.
Then I came home and we made homemade individual pizzas. The girls were so excited about this concept. Normally buying pizza doesn't work well for our family because Hailey says she wants cheese, Ashley wants pepperoni, Greg wants meat trio, I want supreme, and Jordan says she doesn't like pizza and only eats the breadsticks. So I decided we would each make our own instead of getting pizza from Little Ceasars. I was rather surprised at the ingredients each chose. Hailey put cheese, pepperoni, green pepper, and ham but no sauce on hers. Ashley piled on every kind of meat: ham, bacon, sausage, and pepperoni. Jordan piled hers with bacon, sausage, and pepperoni but no cheese. Greg and I both put everything on ours including onion and mushroom. The results? Greg and I thought they were great. Jordan and Ashley only ate the toppings and left most of the crust. Hailey ate half of hers and then ate a bunch of grated cheese that was left. So....I'm still not sure we've perfected pizza for our family.
On the other hand, I already have chopped green pepper, onion, and mushrooms for chicken cacciatore tomorrow night and I plan on making a really good omelet in the morning with chopped ham, sausage, and bacon!