School is canceled tomorrow. It probably won't move in until after school would have finished, but all of the surrounding schools have called it, so we did too. I am excited about having another day off. I think I will do art all day, with maybe a little bit of lesson planning.
In the meantime, when I started teaching in young adults, I joined the ladies coffee chat group. All three times I've gone, we didn't go to a coffee place though. The first time was at Chef India and I tried out some really good Indian cuisine. I would like to go back to there. The second time we met at Boomerang Diner, and tonight we just had dessert at the Peach Cobbler Factory. The physical food and place is not important though. I have really enjoyed the spiritual food and company. The leaders who go are all my age with children about the age of my children. It has been so interesting talking with them and seeing where they are in their journeys in life and with Christ. Tonight, it ended up being just the four older ladies. Part of that was probably because of last-minute planning, so we took the time to plan the dates and locations for the rest of the year. We decided to do two restaurants, then a coffee place. The rest of the time we talked about doing a class for discipleship university and some of the issues that we run into with doing a class on Sunday nights. Then we talked about our devotion times and what plans we were using for the year or just in general. We shared various Bible apps that we have on our phones and different ways to journal. It is so refreshing. I come away excited about spending time with God and other Christians.
What was also interesting was the interaction we had with the manager. They've only been open for three months. April needed something that was gluten free and so the manager showed up with their allergen chart to talk with her. We got to talking, found something to order. Then she later came out to check on us and asked us to fill out a review on Google. She said her name was Mary. A little while later, one of the cashiers came out and took our trash. She came out again and said we could include something about him too and that his name was Jesus. I commented that they were Mary and Jesus. She lit up. Jennifer gave her a flyer for an upcoming ladies' worship night in February and then we just started talking about church. She knows Jeff and Mercedes Elbert and used to go to church with Mercedes. She sounded like she might come to the ladies night and even suggested that we live stream the event. She left and then within a couple of minutes came back and said, "I was instructed to pray for you guys," and prayed over us. It was such an easy thing that Jennifer did, handing her the flyer. Then it opened up so many conversations. I have a few of the flyers in my purse. I pray that I hear God's leading to hand them out and speak as He would have me speak.
Comments
Post a Comment