We are on our third "snow" day, although Friday doesn't really count as a snow day. We were out of school, but the snow didn't start until 5:00, just a few minutes after Greg got home. It sleeted for a few hours before switching over to snow, snowed all night and off and on Saturday. Then it snowed again most of the night Saturday night. They said we were supposed to get around eight inches, but we measured it this morning and we got between two and three inches.
So far, I have pretty much done nothing! Friday, I realized early in the morning that I forgot to mail a birthday card that was supposed to have a gift card in it. I had planned to get the gift card on Tuesday and then mail it on Wednesday. It totally slipped my mind. So, Friday I got up, got ready, had my devotion, and then headed to Dollar General where everyone else in the neighborhood was. Surprisingly, the only thing they were out of was milk. When I got back home though, the mail man had already come! We normally don't have mail until around 2 or 3:00. Weather. Hmph. The Medicine Park Post Office didn't close until noon, so I decided I would just drive over and mail it at the post office and stop by for some olive oil at the Medicine Park Olive Oil Company.
Got home, ate lunch and then talked for thirty minutes to one of the widows assigned to Greg and me and another hour on the phone with Mom. I played piano for a bit and did laundry. That was the extent of my day. Greg got home and we made pizza and watched a movie. Then we watched livestreams of people driving around Norman talking about the snow.
Yesterday, I did a puzzle and binged a detective show called Rizzoli and Isles. Oh, and talked to Allegra for a couple of hours on the phone. At 7:00, we had a family phone call with the girls and talked about their birthdays, first weeks of classes, and the weather. That was it for the day!! Talk about slumming!
Today, Greg and I had Sunday School together by reading the scripture and talking about the questions in the lesson. Then we watched the live stream of a previous church service they chose. It worked out well because the service they chose was the Sunday right after Thanksgiving and we had been gone that Sunday. So!
Then I ate lunch and finished the 1000 piece puzzle. And here we are. They haven't called school off for tomorrow yet. But they will. In the meantime, it is time I start working for when we will have school I am going to spend the rest of the afternoon on lesson plans. Hoping to finish that up pretty well so I can then do art tomorrow. Time to be productive again.
Comments
Post a Comment