A large "historic" winter storm is set to hit this weekend. Sadly, it looks like it will hit Friday night in our area, so we are probably going to school Friday still. This storm is supposed to be stretching from Oklahoma all the way to the eastern states. It changes every day, but some forecasts are a foot of snow for parts of Oklahoma and a low of -1 on Sunday. Houston is supposed to be getting ice. It's all anybody can talk about. As a result, people are freaking out on preparing. Before church, I went to get gas. The lines at Sam's were all four cars deep. Everyone is also getting food. At church, Shelly said she went to Walmart yesterday and the aisles were already looking bare. During orchestra, co-teacher Mrs. Wiggins texted the group and said her Walmart pickup was delayed an hour. Yup. So was mine. I got there at 8:00 when it was supposed to be ready. It was delayed. No biggie. I went in the store and dropped off the massive bags of plastic bags that Jordan had collected and I cleaned out of her room last Saturday. Then I decided to look at the fake flowers and candles because I have a vase that I want to use on the big table. Currently it's empty. I picked out some flowers and looked forever before finally asking someone where the candles were. They didn't have any the size I needed. I wondered over to clearance and looked over there. Since it appeared I didn't have internet, I figured maybe my order was ready but I wasn't getting the text. I checked out and headed back to the car. Nope. No text. It was 8:30 though so I just went and parked in the pickup area. It wasn't until 8:50 that the order was finally ready and 9:00 before they delivered it. I had only ordered a handful of items and there were six substitutions and no zucchinis. Bummer. I was hoping to have roasted veggies Saturday and I really like it with zucchinis. Oh well. At least I was able to get most of the stuff. We will definitely not go hungry. Unless.....we lose power. Ah! But Greg has bought a solar-powered generator and promises it can run the fridge. So...will it be the historic storm of the decade that everyone will remember and compare to future storms??? Only time will tell. We are all on the edge of our seat.
We had an amusement park atmosphere for family night of VBS. First the kids sang a few songs from VBS and then Brother Bob presented the gospel to the parents. Then we headed in for inflatables, balloon creatures, face painting, crafts, cotton candy, popcorn, and pickles! The girls had a blast. They missed the pony rides, but were grateful that the ponies stayed home and didn't get drenched in the total downpour right before the event! Practicing while waiting on the other kids to arrive. A - Admit to God that you're a sinner and repent. B - Believe that Jesus is God's own son. C - Confess your faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. It's the ride of your life when you dare to believe in Jesus Christ!!
Comments
Post a Comment