Without the girls with us, Greg and I managed to not buy anything from Sweet Treat Sunday. Of course, we had a big cheesecake in the fridge and really did not need any more! I think sweets are my downfall. I have been eating way too many of them lately, and without doing any exercise, I have not been able to lose the couple of pounds I gained from the holidays. <sigh> Anyway, I did *make* some treats to be sold still.
| no bake cookies and chocolate chip bars |
Sunday night we started a new set of Discipleship University Classes. I decided to do the ladies only study of Old Testament stories being led by April Luptak and Jennifer Kirkes. April was gone to her daughter's baby shower though, so we pretty much just sat there talking while Jennifer created books for everyone. We started discussing some of creation and I just loved all of the dialogue. We talked about whether we could actually go in space or whether we weren't allowed in the "heavens." Apparently, that is part of where the conspiracy theories come that say we never went to the moon in the first place. I talked about how beautiful it was that while on earth we had so much unrest with the Vietnam War, the civil rights movement, and the MLK and JFK assassinations while at the same time the astronauts are broadcasting their reading from Genesis and working together in unity to get to the moon. It's one of my favorite parts of history and just amazes me all that they accomplished. We also discussed the fall and sin entering the world. Everyone was chiming in and bringing in verses and things that we've learned as we've read the Bible over the years. It was so invigorating. I love Bible study.
Greg went to a Survey of the Bible study taught by Allie. They're learning what every book is about and are going to memorize the books of the Bible in order. That class looks interesting too. I won't get to go much this semester though between OBS concerts, Hailey's concert band concerts, and going to Wilburton during Spring Break. Oh well. I will enjoy the Sunday evenings that I do get to go though.
I've been reading through the Bible this year using a plan that has videos that talk about the various sections that we're reading. Leviticus was actually interesting! I learned the tabernacle has to do with symbolism of Eden. That's why there are flowers and pomegranates. The Holy of Holies has cherubim that guard the way back to the presence of God. All of the rituals have to do with making us acceptable to go back to Eden, which of course we never can do. Unclean and clean don't have to do with sin so much as a fluctuating state. We can't have been involved in anything that might represent death because God is life, so we must cleanse ourselves to come into the temple. It's a holy thing and learning to revere and fear God. It's realizing that we can never do it on our own. Only a Holy God can truly cleanse us and He actually desires to do so. He loves us so much more that we can possibly realize. We are his chosen people, holy (because He makes us so) and dearly loved.
Comments
Post a Comment