One of the neat things about my two classes I'm taking this semester is how well they have fit together. In my Liberal Arts Methods course, I had just finished reading the poetry chapter before my Creative Expressions class started on Friday. We did poetry in Creative Expressions that weekend, then did poetry in Liberal Arts the following week.
Liberal Arts Methods: We had to write down as many "sh" words as we could think of. Then with all of those possibilities, we created an "sh" poem. Here's mine:
Liberal Arts Methods: We had to write down as many "sh" words as we could think of. Then with all of those possibilities, we created an "sh" poem. Here's mine:
The shark shot up the shore.
Shirtless Shrek shuddered and shook.
He shouted to his shipmates,
"Stay sharp! Shake of your shoes!"
What a shock to the shark
That shower of shoes
He shall shun that ship with a shudder.
In Creative Expressions we did "Found Poetry" first where we took a copy of printed text from a book. We chose words to cover up with painter's tape, then made a painting on top. We took off the tape and read our poetry. The other activity included painting. She told us to get a piece of paper and paint something. I didn't know at the time I would have to write poetry about it. Since I had just come from Sunday School, I was thinking about the Creation. So I did a light separating from dark picture.
In the beginning...
Darkness.
But God had a plan.
"Let there be light!"
Separation.
And God had a plan.
Old nature is wrestling.
Decisions.
But God has a plan.
Light takes over.
Jesus.
God's plan for His creation.

Comments
Post a Comment