Today we said good-bye to our coworker Dawne Massey. She's been at Cameron for just over 25 years! She had the Burch Lab Director job before Greg did. She was one of my mentors and I worked with her on an almost daily basis on the student system. When I accidentally wiped out part of the database during my first year, I went to her and she very patiently walked me through restoring it. We worked together as a team to solve several issues. She was also a friend, and as a fellow Christian and scrapbooker, we often had things other than work to talk about. She is going to what sounds like a wonderful job though. It's a much better salary, less stress, full tuition and fees for her to finish her graduate degree, a kitchen stocked with healthy snacks, a gym and incentives to work in it, flexible hours, you name it. They seem to care about their employers. Who wouldn't leave for a job like that?
 |
| Van Halen Concert Tickets!!! What a great good-bye gift!! |
 |
| The whole ITS Team |
Comments
Post a Comment