We have a hopeless addiction to books. I must say that all of us inherited it. Both Greg and my parents' homes are stuffed with books too. My parents don't get rid of them after they've read them. I can go to their house and it's like going to a library. If they like an author, they're collecting the entire series and I can just read them in order. I tend to read fiction books just once and then I'm ready to move on. There are too many books to read to reread most of them. I do save some classics. I've read The Chronicles of Narnia several times.
Children's books are another item all together though. I'm going to be a teacher so I'll need all of these for my classroom library someday. When the library book sale comes, it's an event in our house. I went on Friday and got several books then. I tried to limit myself to getting books that I don't really have much of for my classroom library: multicultural, poetry, and nonfiction. Most of ours are just fiction picture books as well as a growing collection of beginning chapter books.
The girls have been saving their money and were really excited to be going after church to the sale. When we got there, my mouth fell open to find out that not only are all of the books half off on Sunday, but you can fill up an entire paper sack with children's books for only five dollars. Now that didn't sink in for Jordan and Ashley. I tried to get them to get a sack and they kept saying no. In fact, Jordan got rather defensive about the whole thing. She was not spending her money that way. She only had five dollars. I thought she meant she wanted to save some of her money to buy something else. (Crazy thoughts, I know!!) After a few minutes of filling up my bag, I tried again. I showed them how many more books I was getting and how many I could fit into the bag. The light bulb finally came on. "You mean we don't have to pay for the bag?? It's just five dollars for all the books???" They thought they had to pay $5 for the bag and then would have to pay for the books on top of that. Now they suddenly realized they could buy tons of books and even have money left over. They went crazy. "Let's get this one! Oh, look! Let's get this one too!"
| No...this is not even all of them. These are just what they could fit in the shelves. |
| Even Hailey's shelves are stuffed. |
Comments
Post a Comment