I joined the card ministry today. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it ended up being four of us there, including Allegra whom I recruited. Lynn Wyrick is in charge of it. First we sorted stickers into general versus holidays. Then she pulled out a large stack of Christmas cards for us to work on. Apparently, the cards are given to nursing and retirement homes and so we can do lots at the same time and in advance. We passed the cards around with each of us writing something in general or a Bible verse, signing our name, and then putting a couple of stickers on the card. It took awhile. When we thought we were done and were packing up, I looked at the middle of the table and said, "Um, what's that?" We had missed an entire stack of cards. Guess what we'll start with next week??
I also asked about sending cards to the Cameron home folk that were posted on the prayer list. Since I asked, I got put in charge of that! LOL
Next time, I am bringing all of my gel pens to use. I honestly don't need all of them so maybe this will be a way to use up some of them. Hey! Another method of decluttering. Sweet.
Comments
Post a Comment