Skip to main content

Escape to the Cats

 Twice a year, the orchestra takes a two-week hiatus and that's really my only opportunity to get any work done on my violin. I thought it had been two and half years since I had new strings and re-haired my bow, but apparently it's only been one year and a half. I didn't recognize that until I was standing at Oklahoma Strings to drop off my violin. Oh well. I am sure it needed it anyway.

After Jordan and I dropped off the violin, we went to Penn Square mall where we grabbed a bite to eat at the food court and then headed to Red Door Escape Room in the mall. They had a thirty-minute room that is meant for two to four people. We've never done one that short or small and decided to give it a try. We did have to have our three hints, but we escaped!

The premise was a cold case. They had recreated everything as it was years ago at the scene of the crime and we were tasked with solving the murder. It was a small room. We quickly looked over everything and Jordan found something to unlock and we were off. It was a chronological room for the most part. We had to be prompted to open one thing we didn't realize opened and got help solving two of the puzzles. It was fast and furious and we escaped with about 2 1/2 minutes left on the clock.


That map on the wall was tricky, and we only solved that with a hint.

After the high of escaping, we tackled escaping the mall. We should have paid more attention to what door we came in! At least we figured out before we stepped outside that, no, this wasn't the right exit, let's try another one....

Jordan has wanted to go to a cat cafe for years and finally lived her dream. At Don't Stress Meowt Cat Cafe, we got to pay money to spend an hour with a lot of rescue cats. The idea is that they hope you will adopt one. I picked out two to adopt, and Jordan picked out one. Unfortunately, neither of us are a time in our life that it is prudent to get another cat. It's a little awkward spending time with other people in the room, so you don't feel quite as free to talk goofy to the cats like you normally would, LOL, but it was fun nonetheless. On the drive home, Jordan claimed that it had been a good day. Really, what else could I hope for. ;-)

I thought I was scooping up Beatrice to hold at the last minute, but it was actually Geoff. He was cute too. I would adopt him.

This is Daffodil, my favorite. She was laying on the only couch, so I picked her up and stuck her on my lap and she stayed! Later, she was one that hopped down and played and interacted with other people too. She was such a sweet cat.

Unfortunately, cats sleep a lot. Of the seventeen or so cats that were there, at least twelve of them slept the entire time. They like sleeping in the window.

Look at this fun room they have!

This is Batman. He was fun. Jordan thought about adopting him.

Ashley texted if they had any Maine Coons. I texted back this picture and said he was the fluffiest cat they had. The others were shorthair.

Look carefully and you will see this is a door with a walkway over the hallway into another room. I decided that was where the litter box must be. Cats occasionally disappeared into that room (stepping over the sleeping cat guarding the entrance...) and then came back a few minutes later on a regular basis.

This is Nubi. This is the one Jordan wanted.

This is Beatrice. She loved having her chin rubbed. I would take her home.

Greg had said, kidding of course, that we could adopt a cat if they had a Siamese. This is as close to Siamese as we could find. She slept the entire time except this one minute when she stood up to turn around and lay back down facing the other direction.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VBS Family Night

We had an amusement park atmosphere for family night of VBS. First the kids sang a few songs from VBS and then Brother Bob presented the gospel to the parents. Then we headed in for inflatables, balloon creatures, face painting, crafts, cotton candy, popcorn, and pickles! The girls had a blast. They missed the pony rides, but were grateful that the ponies stayed home and didn't get drenched in the total downpour right before the event! Practicing while waiting on the other kids to arrive. A - Admit to God that you're a sinner and repent. B - Believe that Jesus is God's own son. C - Confess your faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. It's the ride of your life when you dare to believe in Jesus Christ!!

Vocabulary Words

After report cards came back, we realized that it might be a good idea to study for the vocabulary test instead of just the spelling words. Now we're snapping a picture on Wednesdays of the vocabulary and taking pre-test on it too. Just making sure we can read the definitions is helping a lot. Seeing lots more 100s on the test now.

Traveling

I'm amazed at how much we drive. I took this picture leaving school today. Wasn't it just a year or two ago that I took the picture of the odometer at 12345? We actually travel less than we used to. Monday and Tuesday is normally just to Elgin and back home. Wednesdays have us driving to school, Lawton, and then to home. The same thing happens on Thursday for gymnastics, piano, and dance. On Friday we just go to school and back home. Then on Sunday we go to church in Lawton. To some people that is a lot of driving. It doesn't really seem like it to me. But I guess the odometer doesn't lie.