The Fletcher/Cyril garage sales are always followed with the Elgin Garage Sale. Mom and Dad met us in Elgin and we spent all morning going to sales. It was a lot cooler this time though with cloud cover most of the day. We grabbed a bite to eat at Billy Sim's and honestly this will probably be the last time I go there. It has really gone down hill. I can see where they are cutting corners everywhere in the building and that makes me worry about the food. It used to be one of my favorite places to eat in Elgin and I'm sad to see what it has become. Other Billy Sim's we have been to are fine though. I'm not sure what has happened to this one. After eating, we went to a few more sales but could tell we were done and the sales were done. Finally dropped Mom and Dad off and headed home about 1:30.
I didn't find as much stuff this time, just a handful of odds and ends. Jordan found several items including some cool chests and a air fryer/rotisserie/toaster oven.
Jordan and I brought the stuff in, set it on the kitchen counter, sat down in the living room and I opened my eyes again an hour later!! We had both zonked out.
We woke up to rain!!! We need it so desperately. All of the yards already look like the middle of July. Everything is yellow instead of green. Hoping this will make everything pretty again.
Comments
Post a Comment