I have been trying to plan a birthday party while having the flu. I didn't know I had the flu until the day before the party. At that point it was really too late. I didn't have anyone's phone numbers, all of the food was bought, preparations had been made, and it just had to be done. So, after taking Ashley to the doctor on Friday and learning that she (and I) had the flu, I still had to come home and cut cucumbers and carrots into little flowers, wash and skewer grapes (Greg did this, yay!), cut pineapple into large flowers, bake bread in flower shape tubes for the jelly sandwiches, cut the bread into slices, cut way more tuille for tutus than I ever wanted to, and then stay up with Greg trying desperately to open our breakfast table up so that we could unfold the butterfly leaf. The last time we did this was about two years ago that I remember. Apparently being by the door there has warped part of the wood. It took us a good hour of pounding, pulling, and pushing....um, let me rephrase that....It took Greg a good hour of pounding, pulling, and pushing while my efforts were pretty much just holding the table still on my end as I'm not sure my pulling or pushing actually accomplished anything. Finally had it open enough to put the leaf out but we had to wait until Tim showed up the next day to get it pushed back together.
Then Saturday was the day of the party.
8:00 - get up and ready, fix the girls hair, eat breakfast
9:30 - headed to Lawton
10:00 - drop Hailey off for dance
10:05 - head to Walmart to get the cake then to the post office to pick up the two large packages of seat cushions that arrived and our postal carrier informed us was too big for her truck.
11:00 - drop Jordan off for dance (Ash stayed home)
11:05 - Hailey and I head to pick up the balloons and Brahms' ice cream
12:00 - start back home
12:30 - Greg's in charge of feeding everyone lunch as Tim, Melissa, Cassie, and Fern are now here. I work on making strawberry lemonade, skewering the pineapple and arranging it with the skewered grapes into a bouquet, putting toothpicks into cheese, arranging cookies and muffins on a tiered stand, and setting the table. Mom arrived early and made the jelly sandwiches.
2:00 - 5:00 - birthday party. The girls had fun. Only two of their friends showed up but that worked out okay since Ashley didn't feel much like playing by the time of the party. None of them wanted to do the tutus and it ended up being the parents making them and the girls just telling us what colors they wanted. Oh well, they seemed to have fun just playing together and then eating at the tea party. We opted to not blow candles out this year as it didn't seem appropriate to blow germs all over a cake that other people would be eating. Hopefully we didn't totally infect everyone that came anyway.
5:00 - 8:00 - rest, eat sandwiches for supper and get the girls in bed
8:00 - read enough of chapter 10 to post an answer and three responses to the weekly question for my psych class.
10:00 - review possibilities of what to do at Sunday School for the lesson the next day since we didn't make it to church on Wednesday because everyone felt sick.
10:15 - give Ashley another breathing treatment and explain to her why we still had clothes on "in the middle of the night."
10:30 - bed.
Then Sunday I was exhausted and planned to stay home with Ashley. She decided that despite her coughing, she still wanted to go to church. I still stayed home and slept until 11:00. Then took a nap that afternoon and went to bed at 9:30. Today I feel much the same but must go to class tomorrow. I felt good enough to do some laundry and the dishes and felt that was quite an accomplishment.
So now, I think I will read some in my textbook and go to bed early.
I have soooo many things I have wanted to blog about during all of this, but haven't had the energy. Perhaps this week.
Also hope to post pictures of the party, but Greg bought a new DSLR camera and while I love the pictures it's taking, I have absolutely no idea right now how to get them to the computer.
Pictures!
Then Saturday was the day of the party.
8:00 - get up and ready, fix the girls hair, eat breakfast
9:30 - headed to Lawton
10:00 - drop Hailey off for dance
10:05 - head to Walmart to get the cake then to the post office to pick up the two large packages of seat cushions that arrived and our postal carrier informed us was too big for her truck.
11:00 - drop Jordan off for dance (Ash stayed home)
11:05 - Hailey and I head to pick up the balloons and Brahms' ice cream
12:00 - start back home
12:30 - Greg's in charge of feeding everyone lunch as Tim, Melissa, Cassie, and Fern are now here. I work on making strawberry lemonade, skewering the pineapple and arranging it with the skewered grapes into a bouquet, putting toothpicks into cheese, arranging cookies and muffins on a tiered stand, and setting the table. Mom arrived early and made the jelly sandwiches.
2:00 - 5:00 - birthday party. The girls had fun. Only two of their friends showed up but that worked out okay since Ashley didn't feel much like playing by the time of the party. None of them wanted to do the tutus and it ended up being the parents making them and the girls just telling us what colors they wanted. Oh well, they seemed to have fun just playing together and then eating at the tea party. We opted to not blow candles out this year as it didn't seem appropriate to blow germs all over a cake that other people would be eating. Hopefully we didn't totally infect everyone that came anyway.
5:00 - 8:00 - rest, eat sandwiches for supper and get the girls in bed
8:00 - read enough of chapter 10 to post an answer and three responses to the weekly question for my psych class.
10:00 - review possibilities of what to do at Sunday School for the lesson the next day since we didn't make it to church on Wednesday because everyone felt sick.
10:15 - give Ashley another breathing treatment and explain to her why we still had clothes on "in the middle of the night."
10:30 - bed.
Then Sunday I was exhausted and planned to stay home with Ashley. She decided that despite her coughing, she still wanted to go to church. I still stayed home and slept until 11:00. Then took a nap that afternoon and went to bed at 9:30. Today I feel much the same but must go to class tomorrow. I felt good enough to do some laundry and the dishes and felt that was quite an accomplishment.
So now, I think I will read some in my textbook and go to bed early.
I have soooo many things I have wanted to blog about during all of this, but haven't had the energy. Perhaps this week.
Also hope to post pictures of the party, but Greg bought a new DSLR camera and while I love the pictures it's taking, I have absolutely no idea right now how to get them to the computer.
Pictures!