Skip to main content

Create

So...I'm still working on my New Year's Resolutions. During church the sermon was talking about studying God's word and memorizing it. That got me to start thinking about my resolutions again. One thing was mentioned about memorizing scripture - hiding God's Word in your heart that you might not sin against God. One of the resolutions I've thought about is doing family devotions again as I had read an idea where your family works on memorizing scripture by saying one word as you go around the table. One thing lead to another and I thought about the word "Create."

My prayer:
Create in me a clean heart and help me to confess my sins more to You so that when I approach your throne I am holy and acceptable to be in Your presence.
Create in me a love for others so that I see them as You do and open my life to them.
Create in me a desire to know You more on a daily basis through prayer and Bible study.
Create opportunities for our family to grow spiritually.

My possible resolutions:
I will create meaningful experiences for my children each month.
I will create a blog that documents our daily life for 2012.
I will create a finished Project 365 scrapbook.
I will create opportunities for my children to write.
I will create toned muscle.
I will create cleaner teeth by flossing on a regular basis.
I will create better relationships with my family by spending time alone with them in the form of dates (both with my children and husband).

So...still brainstorming. I don't like to fail. I know that the best thing is for me to keep my resolutions in front of me all year and mark them off or plan each month what I'm doing to accomplish these things to help keep me on task. I can say I'm doing pretty well with the flossing and blogging! Not so well with the toned muscle.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VBS Family Night

We had an amusement park atmosphere for family night of VBS. First the kids sang a few songs from VBS and then Brother Bob presented the gospel to the parents. Then we headed in for inflatables, balloon creatures, face painting, crafts, cotton candy, popcorn, and pickles! The girls had a blast. They missed the pony rides, but were grateful that the ponies stayed home and didn't get drenched in the total downpour right before the event! Practicing while waiting on the other kids to arrive. A - Admit to God that you're a sinner and repent. B - Believe that Jesus is God's own son. C - Confess your faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. It's the ride of your life when you dare to believe in Jesus Christ!!

Vocabulary Words

After report cards came back, we realized that it might be a good idea to study for the vocabulary test instead of just the spelling words. Now we're snapping a picture on Wednesdays of the vocabulary and taking pre-test on it too. Just making sure we can read the definitions is helping a lot. Seeing lots more 100s on the test now.

Traveling

I'm amazed at how much we drive. I took this picture leaving school today. Wasn't it just a year or two ago that I took the picture of the odometer at 12345? We actually travel less than we used to. Monday and Tuesday is normally just to Elgin and back home. Wednesdays have us driving to school, Lawton, and then to home. The same thing happens on Thursday for gymnastics, piano, and dance. On Friday we just go to school and back home. Then on Sunday we go to church in Lawton. To some people that is a lot of driving. It doesn't really seem like it to me. But I guess the odometer doesn't lie.