Tim emailed plans and dates for their Disney trip today. We got in planning mode. We'll be going the week of October 7 which will be here before we know it! It's not going to be cheap though, not that I really expected it to be. We watched a Netflix film on the Disney parks tonight. It showed some "thriller" rides, all of which are mainly roller coasters except for the Tower of Terror plunges. Jordan and Ashley kept saying, "I wanna ride that!" Hailey kept saying, "That looks scary. I don't want to ride that!" We may be splitting up some! It really got us excited about the trip though.
Tim and Melissa are going to drive the entire way in one drive, only stopping for food and occasional breaks. They'll take turns sleeping and driving. The idea of doing that with our children is rather scary!! Greg and I are thinking we'll drive our own car and plan on doing it in two days with a motel somewhere along the way. Even that is going to be a long exhausting drive. I had told the girls what Tim and Melissa were doing and they were all, "Let's do that! We can do that!" Literally minutes later - on a trip from Elgin to Lawton no less!!! - Jordan complains that it was taking too long to get to the library. A 24-hour trip?? I think we would be jumping out of the car to escape before we got there. The price of two extra days in a motel will definitely be worth our sanity.
Tim and Melissa are going to drive the entire way in one drive, only stopping for food and occasional breaks. They'll take turns sleeping and driving. The idea of doing that with our children is rather scary!! Greg and I are thinking we'll drive our own car and plan on doing it in two days with a motel somewhere along the way. Even that is going to be a long exhausting drive. I had told the girls what Tim and Melissa were doing and they were all, "Let's do that! We can do that!" Literally minutes later - on a trip from Elgin to Lawton no less!!! - Jordan complains that it was taking too long to get to the library. A 24-hour trip?? I think we would be jumping out of the car to escape before we got there. The price of two extra days in a motel will definitely be worth our sanity.
| Starting the Disney Planning Process |
Comments
Post a Comment